Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Decisions Start The Day


The biggest decision for the Aged Traveler is which inner sole will keep the feet thumping and not throbbing... Superfeet the label says. Who the hell thinks up those names? Khe, khe, khe, someone trying to promote ease and comfort while extracting 40 bucks from my wallet. Clever marketing. 



Nothing can provide comfort while walking on these cobblestones.


Let's get on with the day. My friend, Mary Bartlett, took me to the best of the best in Montmartre. Mary asked me if I wanted to see the famous church, Sacré Coeur. Nope, not me. Take me directly to the alter of fabric to worship. Five floors of fabric. On the fifth floor I nearly yelled 'Bingo!' when I saw the fabric with the birds. It's all in white on white and also comes in shear fabric. Corny, but it just makes me chirp to look at it. 



Across the street from the bird fabric store is a fabric store called Reine (Queen). The manikins are so adorable and miniature in size as they stand on top of bolts of fabric. To see all of them plus more pictures copy and paste: https://picasaweb.google.com/112610324156809540531/TravelingAged1#






After all the excitement of the fabric we walked around the corner to enjoy a drink and a gaze at the church. A mere 6 oz of Evian for only about $7 (4.60 euros). No tipping in Paris. 



Dinner at home being cooked in my bathroom/kitchen. Soon I will give you a tour of my 'digs' so you can fully appreciate living in Paris.



White asparagus and fish. Simple and delish! 

Next is a day at the hair dresser... Parley vous? 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to photos of your digs. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I would have spent the whole day in the fabric shop. How delightful. So glad to hear that I am not the only person who squeals at the sight of fabric! birds! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent two days in those stores and will probably go back once more before I leave. I don't sew anymore but I sure love to look and touch. Thanks for responding to my blog. I read yours and enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete