Thursday, May 5, 2011

No place like home...in Paris

 
I love my apartment in Paris. It's so Paris... This is my living room/half kitchen. 


Front door with the step ladder 'hidden' to use to water plants in the bathroom/kitchen.



The part of the kitchen in the living room a fridge, drawers to put stuff like foil, baggies, cupboards for dishes and boxes of food like pasta, crackers etc.


To the left of the 'kitchen' behind the curtains are shelves for clothes, closet to hang coats, store hoover and extra stuff.



Turning away from the kitchen part of the living room is a sleeper sofa. The cushions are piled up so I can sit on the sofa and put my poor aching feet, the red thing is pillow to put under my ankles so my heels don't touch anything while I use the computer, drink coffee or wine or look out the huge wall of windows.


That white covered thing is my bed. The white thing is thrown over the down quilt during the day. Just before getting into bed, the white thing is casually tossed on a chair or falls to the floor if I forget what to do with it.



The table is an antique and was made for very very very small people with very short arms and legs. The chair is also an antique and seems best only gazed upon as it's wobbly and isn't very butt friendly.



I'm showing you the front door again because I have to walk passed it to get to the bathroom and rest of the kitchen. Once again notice the step ladder and take a look at the ceiling in the archway. It has old, old timbers with plaster holding up the door way.



This is the bathroom showing the sink and tub/shower. The shower is a kick. It has a hand held shower which demands carefully spraying yourself wet, turn off the water, soap up, turn on the water and wait til it warms up again and rinse off the soap. Look to the left and up to see the clothes dryer. It's hinged and folds out to hang stuff. Nothing dries easily, but it's a hoot. 



See the corner of the tub to the left and the toilet to the right? Straight ahead is the rest of the kitchen. It has a sink to the right and a hot top with two hot spots to cook. Actually, the 'stove' is quite efficient and gets hot quickly unlike the hot water for the bathtub.



No need to tell you this is the toilette. Right next to the toilet is the clothes washer. Sort of a scary thing that washer. I turned it on and it ran for two hours. Finally pulled the plug. Off to the laundry-mat.



You can see the sink to the right that I mentioned earlier. Nice pots and pans along with plenty of good cooking gear on shelves under the counter top.




That black thing is the cook top.


Another view from the bathroom part of the room into the kitchen. 


For 'privacy' the door with the windows can be closed while either cooking or crapping. End of the home tour. It really is very nice and I love the 'Paris' of it.



I was walking by St. Dennis and stopped to look at the statues up above the doors. There were several statues in fact, but the expression of this ones face made me do a double take and then laugh. Take a close look at this guy. I am sure we are all reincarnated and all the little boys this dude humped came back as pigeons. You may wonder what that orange shaped ball is? It's a tiny basketball stuck on the prongs that were put there to keep pigeons from roosting. I guess now they fly up, poop and fly away.  



I couldn't resist taking a picture of these two fountains on the side of a building. It's not far from the Bastille and could have been the neighborhood water source at some point in time? They were charming though.



I couldn't resist taking this. Her owner who spoke no English understood my French and told me her name was Linda.



See the little cooking pot sitting next to the big flower pot? That's my dinner. I brought water to a boil, plopped in some green beans and a lovely piece of fresh, very fresh fish, then place pot and all outside for 10 minutes so it could cook. Very efficient way to cook fish in a bathroom/kitchen with no exhaust fan or window. It was delish.




This was the fish counter at the local Monoprix grocery store. Sorry these are a little out of order. I haven't figured out how to move them around yet. Tomorrow I'll show you more of the city.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sheila. It looks ever so comfy. Love the fish counter and your delightful way of cooking the fish and a veg. I could use that in the RV, although I do have an exhaust fan. Not enough of one, though... Love, jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed this installment! Looking forward to more. Buying shoes tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much are they paying you to stay in that apartment?

    Warning, don't try a bath, you will never get out of that small tub without the fire department.

    ReplyDelete
  4. would love to see you and me in that apartment together!!!

    ReplyDelete