Saturday, May 7, 2011

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~Lao Tzu



magazine 100% bien-ĂȘtre & beautĂ©
Georges Bacon, portrait coiffeur, Institut Coiffure et Nature

I took my head to the esthetic factory for a shampoo and blow dry. The shop was quite chic and I was thrilled when the suave shampoo boy helped me into a white gown. He gestured to me to sit in the shampoo chair. Whoa, what's this? Wee Wee an electric shampoo chair. The chair moved me into position for a precision shampoo. The shampoo artist stood behind the chair and washed my hair. Lovely, no bending for the shampoo boy and very comfortable for me. When the shampoo was finished the chair moved upright so I could easily get up and walk to the comb out station. I was so excited by the chair ride I could hardly wait for the blow dry. I told Georges he could have his way with me and blow it anyway he wanted. These stunning results gave me the big smile and photo with none other than Georges himself. Then sweet Georges gave me the bill for his services. 4E.60 writtin on a piece of paper because Georges didn't parley vou Anglais. I forked over a nice crisp 5E bill with a big smile. Non, Non, my dahm, 46E.00 ($69.). The rest of the day was sort of a dump...

I went back to my villa and none too soon as Napoleon's revenge struck. I took care of business and noticed the toilet tissue was getting low. On my stroll to the Monoprix to buy supplies I did a photo walk enjoying the sights along the way.

Interesting name for a restaurant. Delice House? Note the nice trash container? They all over Paris and very convenient for people and easy for collection.



I took this picture so you could see how close my villa is to many major sites. Note the woman crossing the street wearing the purple suit with the bag in front of her face? She came up to me and was very concerned I took her picture. Who is that lady in purple, she looked about 80. 

Moving right along to the important mission... I'm sure you have seen many pictures of Paris. Great food, wonderful wine, pastries and on it goes. Haaa, but have you ever seen black toilet paper? How bout' raspberry colored toilet paper? 



Toilet paper with beautiful art printed on it. I was fascinated with so many choices. I think I may have to bring some black TP home, it's just soooo black.


My very favorite is the birds flying. They just fly on and on.

Airplanes, squiggles and another favorite

fish. Who wouldn't love a nice koi coming at you.

On to the culinaire department. Clever dishes with a fresh looking radish and French girl licking her chops. See how thin she is? 

It looks 3-D in person. If we all ate just one cherry tomato and one radish, we could be that thin.



These mother of pearl silverware pattern will be coming home with me. They remind me of the silverware Monet had in Giverny. 



They looked too pretty not to take a picture of. 


Walking back to my villa I can pass through this beautiful garden that links the main shopping street to the larger garden, Place des Vosces.






This is Place des Vosces below.




The object d' arte was standing on the sidewalk jiggling. Somehow it jiggles constantly. 

When I returned to my villa, lady I rented from invited me for tea. This is a shot from her apartment looking down into the courtyard at my apartment. This was built about 1670. If you look closely you can see where my apartment was once used to keep the horses and carriages. It is right behind the beautiful Place des Vosces.

 I was admiring the view from her beautiful windows when I looked across at the roof on the other side of the courtyard. Do you see the kitty? 

Dinner by Kindle light: Chicken with pasta, fresh turnip, freshly shelled peas and carrots served with crispy bread.


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Black toilet paper, interesting. How could one do without that?

    The photo of the street with the lady crossing and hiding her face behind a bag - probably she is an old, out of touch courtesan afraid one of her old lovers is looking for her.

    The Place des Vosges - we saw a t v film about that. Beautiful.

    Sail on! You are having a marvelous trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful as usual, Sheila! Thanks for keeping us posted . . . by Kindlelight~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the badger coming up for air! Did it frighten you - it's so big! I am so happy you are having such a wonderful time. And I salute you on your choice of toilet paper - it's lovely. I wouldn't use the black myself. :-)
    Love, jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looked great.

    I wonder why we don't have patterned t.p. here, or maybe we do at some fancy places. Would it make you use more just to see the pictures fly by?

    Are you taking classes or just sightseeing?

    Au revoir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No classes this time. I'm working on a travel book. I had to stack all the tp next to the toilette on a little bookcase thing so I could choose which one to use each time. Tough decisions in the middle of the night... I must buy some black and see how that is.

    ReplyDelete