Monday, May 9, 2011

Too Hungry for Dinner at 8?

If you get too hungry for dinner at 8, stopping for a glass of wine and bar snacks can be a thinning experience. Yes, this is a tiny small glass of popcorn. I didn't think to take a picture until we had already eaten a third of it. I wanted to tell the waitress to bring out the damn bag and stop teasing.

Across from the cafe with the 'petit' popcorn snack was a cute little neighborhood merry-go-round in a park. 



Interesting this would be an Edsel and not a Peugeot.


Space ship and a motorcycle? 

The fascinating buildings, little balconies, intricate iron work. There is a little shop in my neighborhood that custom makes and repairs ironwork.

I wish I had taken picture of all the people out walking around at 11 pm on my way home from dinner. A mother pushing a baby stroller with two kids walking along looking in shop windows. Old women (me) out alone, the streets were comfortably full of people enjoying a balmy summer evening in May. Monday is a trek to the famous cemetery with famous people buried in it... 



3 comments:

  1. It all looks so civilized. By that I mean comfortable, clean and enjoyed by the people. What a wonderful way to spend an evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it looks that way. But! They smoke, most of them smoke, old, young, I expect an infant to have a ciggie instead of a pacifier. I can't believe how many people smoke here.

    It is lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you ride on the Merry Go Round?

    ReplyDelete