Sunday, May 8, 2011

In Search of the Gypsy...Found A French Thief


While in search of the gypsy, look who greeted me as I stepped off the bus. America is Back! Where did it go? Are we a pair of shoes? A sports team? Huh? What does the world think?

Well, never mind. Being on a mission I saw an open air market and hoped the gypsy was there.









This French mon was selling a new kind of slicer/dicer scissors. I couldn't resist. Zeee act saunt sold to me the see zorss. It came with a hair pick too. Such a gadget to behold!

















So many hats, so few heads wearing them. Wait 'til you see the gorgeous girl who modeled for me at BHV.

i







This is the hat sales lady. While she was busy with customers,










This man put a hat on his head, pretended to look at hats, then sauntered away without paying. I couldn't remember the word for Stop, let alone thief, so I kept the camera clicking. Maybe some day he'll be on 'Most Wanted' and I can say I saw him in Paris.





No luck finding the gypsy at the market. With plenty of time and tired of crowds I walked several blocks to see the cemetery. So many little houses and each has interesting stained glass and alters inside. Some have kneelers so people can step inside and say a prayer. I would have to pray; #1. that I could get back up from the kneeler and #2. I wouldn't get my butt stuck in such a tiny space.








I kind of liked the idea of using an old flower pot for a candle holder. The green branch was plastic. I love one of the little 'houses' with a step ladder leaning against the wall inside. Was it a ladder to heaven, an escape route, it reminded me of a spoon shaped like a ladder that is put in a pot of beans so the toots can climb out. Who knows, the French are clever ones...






Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. What were the prices like in the market?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful the ghosts may follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlfriend! You really know how to travel!! What fun! 18 more days 'till I join you. Will Zappo's dot com have any inventory left??

    Forecast for May in Portland: maybe five sunny days.

    Enjoy-ay vous!!

    ReplyDelete