Wednesday, May 25, 2011

To Avon, Then Fountainblue, Then Ftttttttttttttttttt


Taking the train to Avon, then a bus from the station, then a lovely walk peeking into private gardens as the electric gate closes. 




I asked for directions and my fake French took me in the back way to the Grand Fountainbleu. I knew I was on the right track by the horse drops. To the left is a small lake/pond and the usual trapping of the wealthy. 


Arriving at the back door, I found my way to the cashier,




Paying my entrance fee took me through a very narrow hall with what as first I thought was a fire place.  I'm not sure and with no audiophone to listen to, it is a mystery. 



A lovely hall with windows on the left.


Upstairs is where the queen slept (or whomever was the lady du jour). A beautiful room with several windows and soft colors. The bed was big enough for a child with two steps on the side for the queen to climb into bed. 



Another long hall with parquet floors that were in near perfect condition. To the right are floor to ceiling windows and to the left




The glass in the doors have blue skies and clouds painted on them. You can see the reflection of the outside windows.




The first time I saw one of these signs, I thought it was showing the guy running to the toy lette.  Poor guy ran this way and that way sometimes showing a flight of stairs. I knew the feeling...





Finally I found the front door of Fountainbleu. It would be better to see this grand palace on a PBS. My pictures could not do it justice. I wish they had put price tags on the cost to build this place to say nothing of th fine workmanship down to the door knobs. (there will be a special blog on door knobs)



From the palace I walked downtown and found the merry-go-round. This was a two story go-round with music and excited children. 




The train ride from Avon back to Paris...   My fanny started talking and I thought I could do a one cheek sneek. CAUGHT! A little girl said to her mother in French that I farted. OMG, my hearing loss is terrible, I thought it was a sneek. Her mother told her to try not to notice. I tried not to be embarrassed. Does the rest of the world live from toot to toot? To end the day with a fine meal. I ordered lamb with legumes forgetting it meant beans... I have no idea what kind of joke it was, but I skipped the back pile of beans, thankyouverymuch.  





The aged traveler at the end of the day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Those darn kids don't let the "aged" ones get away with anything. That reminds of the joke of the aged lady at church leaning to one side and then the other. The people next to her keep pushing her back up, thinking she's napping. As they're walking out, they ask how she liked the sermon. She said fine but she wished people would let her toot and keep to their own business. Gotta love the high class humor.

    ReplyDelete